Bruschette con fegatini al ginepro
bruschetta with liver and juniper berries
10 chicken livers(ca 500 g)
2 cloves garlic
1 el boter
½ dl olive oil
zout en versgemalen peper
7 juniper berries
1 dl-2 dl chicken stock
2 anchovy fillets
2 tsp capers
toscanes bread in thin slices
1. Chop the chicken livers roughly, fry in the olive oil and butter with the garlic and sage leaves for about ten
2. Add the salt,pepper,juniper berries and the stock and allow to cook slowly until most of the stock has been absorbed. I used porcini stock cubes..
3. Remove the pan from the heat, pour off any remaining stock, but keep incase it may be needed, chop the mixture finally or give it one or two pulses in the food processor.
4. Clean the anchovies and rinse Chop them fine together with the capers and add to the mixture. Season to taste and add a little more stock if the mixture is too dry
5. Toast the slices of bread on the grill, if you like garlic rub a bit over the toasted bread, and spread on the liver mixture
The implement in the photo is a super garlic press I got from Annie, great for the artheritica among us….