This recipe is not mine but I love it and the green asparagus are appearing on the market.
Do I dare say i prefer.
But come May i cannot wait for a real blond Dutch one !!
Asparagi con uova sode (serves 6)
(the river cafe cook book)
1 kg peeled, thin asparagus. I peel only the very ends..
sea salt and freshly grounded pepper
6 entire egg yolks (room temperature)
100 g melted (unsalted) butter
120 g thinly grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring to the boil a big pan with quite some salt
2. Blanch the asparagus for approx. 3 min. (depending on the thickness of the asparagus)
3. Remove from pan and place them on (hot) dishes
4. Place the entire egg yolk on the top op the asparagus and season with freshly grounded black pepper
5. Pour the very warm butter over and cover with grated parmesan cheese. I let my butter go to a noisette, tastes even better.